HI-COM was proud to organise a fun trivia night (quiz game), that tested participants’ knowledge of China’s technological development, content localization, and China’s digital activities in general! It was a fun and interesting evening, which was followed by an hour or two of networking.
As we stated in our previous article, Chinese tourists are very easily influenced by the opinions of others. When traveling, they refer to their own “review and advice tools”, the king of which is Dazhong Dianping. Featuring similar functions to Yelp, it lists local retailers, restaurants, bars, cinemas, and other services. in China and abroad and it is the go-to tool for Chinese tourists. For example if a restaurant has a seemingly never-ending list of raving reviews on Dianping, the Chinese will flock there in their droves without any hesitation. Here is our Dianping English guide for you!
Kate CHERNAVINAChina’s Dazhong Dianping: English guide, 2018
According to an article by the Diplomat, recent predictions have suggested that by 2022, China will see its middle class swell to around 630 million people. Chinese tourists were the biggest spenders in 2016, splurging a whopping $274 billion on their travels, especially in popular destinations outside of Asia such as the UK, France, Italy, and Germany.
Kate CHERNAVINA10 ways to attract Chinese Tourists in Europe
As the Chinese economy grows, and more education and business opportunities open up, more and more people from countries all over the world are coming to study, work, and build a life for themselves in China. This has led to a sharp increase in the number of Chinese diplomas, birth certificates, marriage certificates, visas, and residence permits being issued to non-Chinese nationals. If you belong to this growing group of people, your home country may require you to have your official Chinese documents translated into your home language and also notarized by the Chinese authorities.
RobertHow to get your Chinese documents notarized: Diplomas, Birth and Marriage Certificates
Today we had a ten-minute chat with Kevin Woo, the CEO of 7anb – a legal service startup that has changed the way people and companies search for legal services. He talked about the differences in Chinese and Western laws, the uniqueness of 7anb as a “legal tech startup”, and foreign businesses in China in general.
Kate CHERNAVINALegal services in China – an interview with CEO of 7anb
According to Sheffield Hallam University, a shocking majority of the global population (75%!) don’t speak English at all. Out of the remaining 25%, many people may not speak English very well and won’t be able to understand marketing content accurately – not to mention catch the subtleties of cultural references and word play which are the foundation of many marketing campaigns. All in all, only 6% of the global population are native English speakers. In such a context localization can be the key to reaching a global audience, and hence – boosting your sales in the new markets.
Alexandre QUINCÉ5 Reasons to increase business globally
Today there are about 6,800 different languages spoken across what is becoming an increasingly globalized world, where nearly every culture has interactions with others in some way. This means there is an incalculable number of translation requirements emerging every second of every day across the world.
Artem DOVZHENKOThe history and principles of machine translation
Translating and transcreating: what are the differences? Many new businesses are looking into expanding into the world market. One of the biggest challenges that they face is advertising their brand in a way that appeals to the local demographic. You may be thinking that you only need to hire a translator to get the job done. This will not get you the results you are looking for, you need transcreation. I decided to interview one of our professional transcreators, Celia G., to show you why they are an essential part of any global company.
Kate CHERNAVINA7 Questions to an expert Transcreator
We have put together 15 more profiles of the most followed Chinese KOLs in the industries we have worked with in the past few months: Skincare, Travel, Health, Sport, Parenting. These people create a new way of promotional marketing, engaging their followers on a daily/weekly basis and are helping brands find their customers in the endless ocean that is the Chinese market.
Kate CHERNAVINAChinese KOL in Sport, Parenting, Travel, Skincare, Health