How video game or other software localization works
There is no one specific method or process for translating video games. We understand that each of our customers’ needs vary, so each request must be carefully adapted to meet these needs.
Before starting your video game translation project, here are three key questions to consider:
- How much of the video game needs to be translated?
- Is the current video game content suitable for the target market?
- Are there any legal restrictions / complications involved?
Once you have the answers to the above questions, below are two routes that can be taken for the translation of your video game.
- Prepare the content you need and send it over!
- HI-COM understands that not all of your video game content may require translation, or may not be suitable or relevant to the target market. In this case, just send us the content in pre-prepared files, and we’ll provide you with the translations in the same format. We can also provide the translations in bilingual format, to make it easier for your game developers to integrate the content.
- Translation and integration of your video game directly onto your IT platform!
- Do you already use a specific IT platform to integrate your content into your video games? If so, just send us access to the platform and we’ll take care of the translations and integrate them in real time, enabling you to instantly view the translations at your end.
HI-COM’S experienced team of project managers will select the perfect resource to work on your gaming content.
What’s more, unlike other agencies, and where possible, we will make every effort to put you in direct (or even face-to-face) contact with the translator, to ensure every aspect of your work is discussed and covered in detail.
We can also send out samples of the games to native users to ensure the work is understood and interpreted the way it was intended.
Of course, all projects, including video game translations, are dealt with in the strictest confidence, and are subject to signature of an NDA between HI-COM and its customers before the start of each project.
HI-COM also understands that the content of your video games may be top secret and developed behind closed doors.
After signing the relevant agreements, HI-COM can provide suitable resources to work on your premises, to ensure the translated versions of the content of your video games remains fully secure until the time of release.
Want to learn more about Video Game Localization? Check out our article:
Tips for Success in the E-learning and Gaming Industries through Localization