How Software Localization works
There is no one specific method or process for translating software. We understand that each of our customers’ needs vary, so each request must be carefully adapted to meet these needs. Before starting your software translation/software localization project, here are three key questions to consider:
- How much of the software needs to be translated?
- Is the current software content suitable for the target market?
- Are there any legal complications involved?
Once you have the answers to the above questions, below are two routes that can be taken for the translation of your software.
- Prepare the content you need and send it over!
- HI-COM understands that not all of your software content may require translation, or may not be suitable or relevant to the target market. In this case, just send us the content in pre-prepared files, and we’ll provide you with the translations in the same format. We can also provide the translations in bilingual format, to make it easier for your developers to integrate the content.
- Translation and integration of your software directly onto your IT platform!
- Do you already use a specific IT platform to integrate your content into your software? If so, just send us access to the platform and we’ll take care of the translations and integrate them in real time, enabling you to instantly view the translations at your end.
Of course, all projects, including software translations, are dealt with in the strictest confidence, and are subject to signature of an NDA between HI-COM and its customers before the start of each project.
HI-COM also understands that your software may be top secret and developed behind closed doors. After signing the relevant agreements, HI-COM can provide suitable resources to work on your premises, to ensure the translated versions of your software remain fully secure until the time of release.