St. Andrew’s Ball 2019 hosted by British Chamber of Commerce
On Saturday 30th November 2019, The Chamber of Commerce Shanghai hosted its annual St. Andrew’s Ball 2019. The event took place at the Grand Hyatt Shanghai (from 7pm-1am) and celebrated Scotland’s heritage and tradition with a variety of Scottish cuisine, festive music and vibrant Ceilidh dances.
The evening began at 7pm as the guests enjoyed a Hot Toddy cocktail reception before their delectable Western dinner with a variety of traditional Scottish dishes. After dinner, ten prizes were up for grabs in the Lucky Draw.
The Top 5 Lucky Draw prizes:
- Two return tickets donated by Emirates and Glasgow airport to fly Shanghai-Glasgow on the A380 in 2020 (inc premium lounge access, two night’s accommodation in a superior bedroom with daily breakfast for two people at the Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel in Glasgow)
- Two bottles of Singleton go Glen Ord 18 Year Old Single Malt Whisky & Two vouchers to Diageo Whisky Academy
- A 100% fine pure cashmere scarf
- One Superior Room Gamet for one night (inc breakfast for two at InterContinental Shanghai Wonderland
- Two shirts signed by the first team of Scottish, Rangers Football Club
Later, the guests participated in ‘part one’ of the Ceilidh, which was a selection of traditional Scottish dances, ranging from Barn Dances and Helicopter Dances to Gay Gordons and Strip the Willow. After a much-deserved break, part two of Ceilidh commenced, which entailed a combination of Military Two Step, Flying Scotsman, St Bernard’s Waltz, and the famous Auld Lang Syne.
The evening was in support of Heart to heart Shanghai, which is a charity providing corrective surgery for children from all over China with congenital heart disease and parents who cannot afford the surgery. Please find more information about the charity here.
HI-COM is honoured to be one of the sponsors for the event and is delighted to support such a wonderful charity.
For more information about HI-COM and the services that we offer, feel free to get in touch as we’d be happy to hear from you.