On Saturday 30th November 2019, The Chamber of Commerce Shanghai hosted its annual St. Andrew’s Ball 2019. The event took place at the Grand Hyatt Shanghai (from 7pm-1am) and celebrated Scotland’s heritage and tradition with a variety of Scottish cuisine, festive music and vibrant Ceilidh dances.
The evening began at 7pm as the guests enjoyed a Hot Toddy cocktail reception before their delectable Western dinner with a variety of traditional Scottish dishes. After dinner, ten prizes were up for grabs in the Lucky Draw.
The Top 5 Lucky Draw prizes:
- Two return tickets donated by Emirates and Glasgow airport to fly Shanghai-Glasgow on the A380 in 2020 (inc premium lounge access, two night’s accommodation in a superior bedroom with daily breakfast for two people at the Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel in Glasgow)
- Two bottles of Singleton go Glen Ord 18 Year Old Single Malt Whisky & Two vouchers to Diageo Whisky Academy
- A 100% fine pure cashmere scarf
- One Superior Room Gamet for one night (inc breakfast for two at InterContinental Shanghai Wonderland
- Two shirts signed by the first team of Scottish, Rangers Football Club
Later, the guests participated in ‘part one’ of the Ceilidh, which was a selection of traditional Scottish dances, ranging from Barn Dances and Helicopter Dances to Gay Gordons and Strip the Willow. After a much-deserved break, part two of Ceilidh commenced, which entailed a combination of Military Two Step, Flying Scotsman, St Bernard’s Waltz, and the famous Auld Lang Syne.
The evening was in support of Heart to heart Shanghai, which is a charity providing corrective surgery for children from all over China with congenital heart disease and parents who cannot afford the surgery. Please find more information about the charity here.
HI-COM is honoured to be one of the sponsors for the event and is delighted to support such a wonderful charity.
For more information about HI-COM and the services that we offer, feel free to get in touch as we’d be happy to hear from you.